A DIY Pinafore Sewing Tutorial
I love the look of a classic pinafore. No matter your age, they are on trend and absolutely cute. A pinafore can be worn in the summer with a tank top and sandals or in the fall and winter with a scarf, leggings, turtleneck and boots. A pinafore is a classic wardrobe staple that can take your wardrobe basics up a notch.
Fabric Wholesale Direct’s linen fabric works wonderfully for a pinafore. Linen is a classicnatural fabric that is easy to sew with, breathes well, and so comfortable to wear. Fabric Wholesale Direct also carries many beautiful colors! Linen gets softer and softer with use and makes durable long lasting projects.
I love how my linen pinafore turned out and am so excited to sew it with you today!
- 2 yards of linen fabric or other nonstretch medium weight woven fabric. I chose gold linen for my fabric
- Pinafore pattern. I used the Callie Pinafore from Designer Stitch. A teen/tween Callie pattern is also available here.
- ½ yard of iron on interfacing
- 6 buttons that are ¾ inch
- Measuring tape
- Sewing machine (optional serger)
- Iron for pressing
- Tube turner or safety pin
- Pins and clips
Let's Get Started!
You can watch my full video tutorial of me sewing this pinafore here.
This tutorial was created by Sharon Aguilar from the Sweet Mama Life Blog