A DIY Scoop Neck T-Shirt Video Sewing Tutorial Blogpost : Part 1
For today's tutorial, we will be sewing a neckband onto a scoop neck T shirt. The ability to calculate and easily apply a neckband to a T Shirt and get a clean finish every time is such a basic skill needed to sew knit top patterns.
For my top today, I used stretch velvet on my favorite knit T Shirt pattern. Velvet is very on trend again this fall. Not only is it incredibly soft, it is the perfect fabric to dress up any basic knit top pattern.
- 1 yard stretch velvet fabric. I used Dusty Rose in this tutorial.
- Favorite Scoop Neck T Shirt Pattern. I used the Greenstyle Green Tee for this tutorial.
- Coordinating thread
- Measuring Tape
- Sewing Machine (optional serger)
- Iron for pressing
- Pins and clips
LET'S GET STARTED!
- Print and assemble your pattern pieces.
- Cut out your fabric. You will have a front, back, and sleeves. If you are using velvet, make sure that you cut all pieces with the nap of the fabric going in the same direction.
- Sew your shoulder seams according to the pattern directions.
- Watch the video for step-by-step instruction on how to measure and apply your neckband
- Complete shirt according to pattern directions.
Thanks so much for following along today, and I hope that I inspired you. Stay tuned for part 2 of this series, where we will be sewing a V neckband t shirt.
This tutorial was created by Sharon Aguilar from the Sweet Mama Life Blog