A V-Neck T Shirt is a wardrobe staple that covers many seasons and styles. From keeping cool in the summer to using for layers in the spring and fall, every wardrobe has space for a well-fitting v-neck t shirt. Depending on your fabric choice, they can be your favorite casual basic or they can be dressed up for a night out.
V-necks are also a relatively quick sew so that you can easily fill your closet with all your favorite solids and prints. The most time-consuming part of a basic V neckline t shirt is sewing on the V neckband. Don't be intimidated, though, with practice and the right technique, you will feel like a pro in no time and have crisp and on-point Vs. Once you have mastered the technique, you will feel like filling your closet full of V-neck tops.
- 1 yard Cotton Jersey Fabric. I used Burgundy for this tutorial
- Favorite Basic V-Neck T Shirt Pattern. I used the Greenstyle Green Tee for this tutorial.
- coordinating thread
- Measuring Tape
- Sewing Machine (optional serger)
- Iron for pressing
- Pins and clips
LET'S GET STARTED!
- Print and assemble your pattern pieces. You will have 4 pattern pieces: a front, back, sleeve, and neckband.
- Cut out your fabric. The front, back, and neckband are cut on the fold. The sleeves are cut as mirror images.
- Sew your shoulder seams according to the pattern directions.
- Watch the video for step-by-step instruction on how to sew your V neckband to your shirt.
- Complete shirt according to pattern directions.
It was great to sew with you today, and I hope this tutorial has inspired you!